Petitgrain essential oil is derived from the bitter orange tree, which has a long history of use in traditional health practices. Petitgrain essential oil has been used for cleaning purposes. There are three essential oils derived from the bitter orange tree. Petitgrain is distilled from the leaves and twigs of the tree, Neroli essential oil is distilled from the blossoms, and Bitter Orange oil is produced by cold pressing the rinds of the fruits.
- Diffuse for a calming and relaxing aroma. Blends well with other citrus oils, Cassia, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, Geranium, and Lemongrass.
- Before going to bed, add a few drops of Petitgrain along with Lavender or Bergamot to pillows and bedding for its aromatic benefits.
- Add one to two drops to water or juice and drink.
- Provides a fresh, herbaceous note when used in perfume body sprays, lotions and colognes.
- Provides an aroma, calming to the senses.
- Can be used to flavour food or drink.